Monday, July 23, 2007

Update

Sorry, no new podcast yet. Amazing how little time I have after working 35-40 hour work weeks! I'll draw up an episode before the week is out, hopefully have it out thursday or friday (my days off). In other exciting news for the show:

1) I am planning to host a lecture in my hometown about evolutionary theory. I will try to get video recording of it, and put it in video podcast format so you all can see the real-life me in action :)

2) I have spoken with Tom Bridgman, who has co-authored a paper with G.P. Jellison on the variable speed of light claim; I am going to try and formulate some good questions and have him for an interview, which he would be glad to do again!

3) For those of you that think the show is one-sided; I've managed to (probably) get a Creationist on the show. A recent website, righteousresponders.com/ , has come up claiming to be able to "absolutely destroy" the theory of evolution. Though I sincerely doubt this claim, as I've heard it before by other Creationists, they seemed like a good place to start getting Creationist guests. They should respond to me within the week. It's not Ken Ham, Carl Wieland, or Kent Hovind, but it'll do for now!

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Robert:

I very much enjoy you blogs, podcast and video podcast. It is good to read serious work from students.

If you want to read some very interesting faith-science work, I suggest this web site: www.faithscience.org

The Institute for Theological Encounter with Science and Technology at St. Louis University was started by my uncle, the late Rev. Robert A. Brungs, S.J. Ph.D. He was a physicist and theologian.

You may get a more balanced view of the science-creation debate.

There is an upcoming seminar:

Astronomy/Cosmology Breakthroughs and the God Question

September 21-23, 2007

Our Lady of the Snows Conference Center
Belleville, Illinois

Guest speakers and their topics:
Stephen Barr, PhD: “Anthropic Arguments in Physics, Design and Multiverse Ideas”

Br. Guy Consolmagno, SJ, PhD: “Planetary Science Breakthroughs and the God Question”

Robert W

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robert,

Great blog! Keep up the good work!!

N 'Man O'Rage' R
http://novemberromeo.spaces.live.com

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robert,

Curiously, how do you tackle the wounded creationist strategy? I call it the 'Watchkeeper gambit' after a discussion with a creationist calling himself the 'Watchkeeper'

You can see it here
http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/blogs/kevinlogan/display.var.1825214.0.0.php

look for Watchkeepers post at 2:10am...

N 'Man O'Rage' R
http://novemberromeo.spaces.live.com

8:03 AM  
Blogger k3wlTV said...

Hello good sir. I just downloaded your podcasts and am going to go listen to them while I exercise (my brain and body simultaneously [cuz I'm a super-ninja]). If your's is anything like the Evolution 101 podcast, I'm sure it'll be super-rad!

If you happen to get bored some time, check out my brain-explodingly awesome (I wish) videos here or at my website (www.k3wl.tv [which might actually be easier and less time consuming]).

Anyways, I'm sure I'll be back to tell you how groovy your podcasts are.

~Shawn

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

Neva mind bro! but yeah its an show for which noone can wait till next episode. Personally its mi most fave show.I think this show has hit written all over it. While the time slot pretty much makes it certain, the cast is great and the show itself has plenty of laughs.Try tis: The Big Bang Theory Download

11:52 PM  
Blogger Rusty Raccoon said...

Just wanted to say I thoroughly enjoyed your podcast on the big bang. Am reading Brian Greens The Fabric of Cosmos at the moment and your podcast was exactly what I wanted to listen to. Cheers!

6:39 AM  
Blogger Rusty Raccoon said...

Just wanted to say I thoroughly enjoyed your podcast on the big bang. Am reading Brian Greens The Fabric of Cosmos at the moment and your podcast was exactly what I wanted to listen to. Cheers!

6:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is one of the best show. I like it very much. I usually Watch The Big Bang Theory TV Show on net on every weekend with my friends and we enjoy it a lot.

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home